Criteria & Requirements
The Development Studies and Foresight Master program is open for applicants with a completed undergraduate degree, preferably in areas relevant to the program, such as development studies, environmental studies, geography, economics, international relations, sociology, and other related fields. This interdisciplinary program seeks applicants with excellent academic results, strong interest in the program, and proficiency in English.
The call for applications for the 2023–2025 intake is open from 1st November 2022 until 30th April 2023 (23:59 CET). The application fee is 690 CZK (approx. 27 €). The application fee is compulsory for all applicants. No exceptions are possible. Use your debit/credit card for the payment; follow the instructions of the payment gate (in the e-application)
In the first step of the application, you must fill in the application and submit the below-listed documents.
- Go to the Catalog
- Follow-up Master´s
- Faculty: Faculty of Science
- Language of instruction: English
- Choose a study program: Development Studies and Foresight specialization Foresight or specialization International Development Studies.
Please note that incomplete applications will be considered ineligible.
Please note that the university charges an administration fee of 690- CZK per application (an equivalent of around 27 €).
All applicants are required to submit the following documents:
Copy (scan) of a diploma
Scan of the original/certified copy of a diploma proving completed tertiary education (bachelor/master/PhD). If the original is in language other than English, the certified copy must be in the form of a certified translation into English.
Copy (scan) of a transcript of records
A scan of the original/certified copy of the transcript of records of all the completed university courses at the time of application. If the original is in a language other than English, the certified copy must be in the form of a certified translation into English.
Proof of English proficiency
A scan of original/certified copy of the certificate of the knowledge of English at the minimum level of B2 (according to CEFR) – the minimum level of English skills: TOEFL – at least 79 points (we also accept Teofl iBT Home Edition); IELTS – at least 6.5 points. Other comparable certificates indicating required level of English language may be accepted.
The English certificate rule does not apply to native English speakers and to students who completed their studies in a program fully taught in English. In these cases, the declaration of honor stating that you are either an English native speaker and/or a student who finished their tertiary studies in a program fully taught in English must be uploaded.
Curriculum Vitae of maximum two A4 pages.
A motivation letter of maximum 1000 words.
Two letters of recommendation
2 letters of recommendation – preferably written by academic referees (e.g. your former university lecturers that are able to judge your academic qualities and potential).
The letters must include date, name, institution, position, signature and contact details (phone number and email) of the person recommending you.
All the documents must be in one of the following formats (.jpg or .pdf), and they have to be labeled in the following order:
● 1_Family name_diploma
● 2_Family name_transcript
● 3_Family name_language certificate OR 3_Family name_declaration of honor
● 4_Family name_CV
● 5_Family name_motivation letter
● 6_Family name_recommendation_1, 6_Family name_recommendation_2
Eligible applications are assessed based on academic merit (the relevance of the degree/courses studied and overall grades), motivation, references, and curriculum vitae.
Please note that ineligible applications will not be assessed.
1st November 2022 – Call for applications open
30th April 2023 – Call for applications closed
May 2023 – Selection process – Eligible applicants will be informed about (non) admission to the program via the Online Application Form (Palacký University Olomouc)
May – September 2023 – Visa process and diploma certification procedure
half of September 2023 – Arrival to the Olomouc – Orientation week and the start of the winter semester
30th September 2023 – Deadline for the payment of the tuition fee of 2800 €
PLEASE, CHECK YOUR EMAILS (mentioned in the application) REGULARLY, INCLUDING THE SPAM FOLDER!
Appeal against the decision on non-admission to the program
- All applicants are informed about their admission/non-admission to the program. The electronic letter (signed by the Dean of the Faculty of Science, Palacky University Olomouc) is uploaded to the applicant´s folder in the electronic application system, and the applicant is informed by email.
- In accordance with the provisions of Section 50, Article 6 of the Higher Education Act (Czech Republic), the applicant may appeal within 30 days of this notification. Applicants who want to appeal should send a letter (paper letter with your signature, not an electronic copy) stating the reason for the appeal to Mrs. Dana Gronychová, Palacký University Olomouc, Faculty of Science, 17. listopadu 12, 771 46 Olomouc, Czech Republic.
For technical inquiries concerning the online application, please contact helpdesk. For specific program-related questions, contact email@example.com.